Friday, August 30, 2013

Poverty Simulation #1 Ludington Michigan.

This week is only half way done and is already a long week. Monday my coworker and I drove up to Ludington Michigan, which from Kalamazoo is a two and a half hour drive. Between here and there isn't much in way of scenery and excitement so it was just a very long boring drive. The one really interesting thing that I did see on the drive up there was once we got closer to Ludington we saw a wind turbine field which I had never saw before. There had to be about 50 of them in the field. Once we got to our destination we checked into our hotel, which was very nice. We stayed in the Holiday Inn Express which was very lovely. It was clean and they give you free breakfast, and it was a good breakfast. After we checked in it was time to head to the upper elementary school to meet Brandi so that we could set up for the simulation that was to take place the next day.

The upper elementary school was a newly built building which was very lovely. The one downside of the building is that there isn't any air conditioning, which made the day very hot and very long. When I first walked into the building though the first thing I saw was an anti bullying pledge signed by all the staff and students. This was the first time I have every seen anything like that before anywhere. After my coworker and I set up our tables and such we got some Chinese food and headed to the lake! It was beautiful and smelled so lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment