Wednesday, August 21, 2013

First things First

 Today was my first meeting with our soon to be interm director Barb and to talk about the future of the PRI. The reason we talked about the future of our organization is because the board of trustees is trying to figure out what the future direction of PRI will be, whether or not we will stay an independent entity or merge with another organization and run along side them as collaborative organizations sharing the same vision and mission. I suggested that instead of hiring a new director for the organization we should take those funds and put them into the organization as a foundation for our general operations funds. Another thing that the PRI wants to do is do away with using VISTA members and instead have an actual staff so we can develop an actual structural core. So basically I suggested that instead of hiring a new director, to hire the four of us as that core structure.  Jason, who is our Accountant guy is writing up a proposal for the board to lay out our plan for being a self directed team. Not only would this be good for the organization and it's development but it would be good for us personally because it would give us a job, and a higher salary than what VISTA is giving to us.

  Also today I began working on the poverty simulation packets, which basically are mock budgets for families who have to work with the types of road blocks that families in poverty have to face in every day life. Afterwards I went through my files and found some potential partners that could do some poverty simulations. Tomorrow I have about ten people who I will be calling or emailing to hopefully get some simulations scheduled. My goal is to schedule ten in county simulations and 5-10 out of county simulations. I think that will bring in a reasonable profit and show the board that I am serious about my job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment